Winter Berry Eton Mess
We’ve taken the summer Eton mess and added a delicious winter spin with our frozen winter berry mix and a festive cinnamon cream. Also featuring these award winning, mountainous raspberry and white chocolate meringues, handmade and baked to a traditional Swiss recipe. Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
You will need...
|4027||Frozen berries (thawed)||450gm||100gm/td>|
|52596||Caster sugar||2kg||1 tbsp|
|38170||Ground cinnamon||370gm||1 tsp|
|91484||Vanilla extract||600ml||1 tsp|
|You will also need fresh berries and fruit to decorate.|
- Add the frozen berries, caster sugar and a good splash of water to a saucepan, bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reducing. Blend the mixture, strain then refrigerate the coulis until needed.
- Roughly break up the meringues creating some smaller pieces and some larger chards. Set aside.
- Whip meadowland double with icing sugar, cinnamon and vanilla essence until thick but not over whipped (Chantilly consistency). Put in fridge ready for use.
- Prep some fresh berries and fruit to decorate.
- When ready to assemble, create layers of fruit coulis, cream, berries and meringue pieces. Layer until the glass is full.
Ask us about our SOSA plate decorations, the range includes metallic powders, freeze dried fruits, crispy pieces, candied fruits... all perfect to decorate your desserts with a real creative flair.