Spiced Parsnip & Cashew Strudel
A delicious vegetarian option. These spiced parsnip and cashew strudels are so simple to make. Our ready made filo pastry sheets are perfect for this recipe giving you a perfectly crisp finish. Best of all these parcels can be made ahead of time and frozen, ready to bake when you need them.
You will need...
|Code||Product||Pack Size||For 6 Servings|
|Peeled and choppes parsnips||750gm|
|98794||Ground coriander||400gm||1 tsp|
|8187||Black mustard seeds||600gm||½ tsp|
|92878||Griund tumeric||550gm||¼ tsp|
|22353||White sesame seeds||470gm||sprinkle|
|74068||Black sesame seeds||490gm||sprinkle|
- Toast the cashews, chop roughly and set aside.
- Melt 40gm of butter, add the parsnips, season and fry over a high heat until starting to brown. Reduce the heat and add the spices. Cook until aromatic, add in the leeks. Pour in 150ml water, cover the pan and simmer until cooked and the liquid has evaporated. Let cool, then mix in the cashews.
- Melt the remaining 75gm of butter, assemble the strudels with the filo, melted butter and parsnip mixture.
- Finish with melted butter, score the tops and sprinkle over the sesame seeds. These premade strudels can be refrigerated until service.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200°C. Bake for 30-35 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
Serve with vegetarian gravy 26175 - 1.5kg and a selection of your favourite festive vegetables.
Make this suitable for vegans simply by using a vegan margarine or butter 57510 - 2kg.