Baked Cod with Chorizo Crumb
Spicy chorizo sausage adds a delicious smokiness to meaty cod. Tempt your diners with this classic Spanish flavour combination, it can be prepped well ahead of service to keep things simple on the day of cooking. Make things even easier with our pre-skinned and pin boned fresh frozen cod loins.
You will need...
|Code||Product||Pack Size||For 8 Servings|
|61845||Frozen cod loins 6-7oz||15||8|
|1995||Salted butter||40x250gm||8 tbsp|
|5178||Meadowland double||1 ltr||800ml|
- Finely dice the chorizo, dry fry in a pan to release the oil. Put the chorizo and its oil in a food processor and pulse until broken into small chunks. Add this to the breadcrumbs, combine and set aside.
- Line a baking tray with parchment and add the cod loins. Rub each cod loin with 1 tbsp softened butter, season with salt and pepper, grate over some lemon zest and sprinkle with lemon juice. Top the cod with the breadcrumb mixture, patting it down firmly. Let your cod loins firm up in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Bake the cod in the oven at 200°C for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Meanwhile, using a small sauce pan bring the meadowland cream alternative to a gentle simmer.
- Once the fish is cooked, pour the clear juices into the simmering cream, reduce slightly and season with a squeeze of lemon.
Serve with sautéed ribbons of courgette and dress with panfried baby courgette and sliced chorizo.