Our Christmas Guide Is Here
The year 2020 has undoubtedly been the most challenging year for hospitality and foodservice we have ever known.
But as we all know, we are in an industry which never sleeps and it will soon be time to start planning your festive menus. With the new government guidelines and suppliers finding it difficult to meet demand, it's more important than ever to be organised and ready. It's all very well waiting for inspiration from the Christmas spirit if you have less pressing things to do, but for chefs and caterers this is the busiest time of the year and being well prepared is essential.
We can't guarantee that all will be calm and bright, but good planning may help you avoid some of those ‘melt-down’ moments we all experience from time to time.
- If you haven’t already done so, decide on your festive menus. Not just for the Big Day itself, but for all those days in the run up. Pre-Christmas staff parties, shoppers’ special lunches and coffee stops and family get-togethers. All great opportunities to bring in more customers.
- Pick up your Total Foodservice Christmas brochure and a pen. Have a leisurely browse, circling all the things you like.
- Review what you did last year. Our telesales team, who have all your purchase history, can tell you what you bought last year, but only you will know what really sold well (& what didn’t).
- What changes could you make? What new things might you introduce? Remember festive and special doesn’t have to be turkey & all the trimmings – as you can see there are lots of fabulous alternatives to prevent your customers from getting menu fatigue.
- Do you need to think beyond Christmas and Boxing Day? What about New Year dinners? Will all those shoppers thronging to the sales need something different from mince pies to sustain their retail therapy?
- As well as food and drink, don’t forget the extras – Christmas crackers, napkins, tablecloths and other disposables and cleaning materials. You wouldn’t want to be caught short of loo rolls!
- Once you’ve made your choices and know when you need the stock, give Total Foodservice telesales team a call or chat to your rep about creating a pre-order and booking your stock and delivery slots in good time. We're sure you can imagine that stock management hasn't been the easiest of jobs this year, so we'd love to chat with you about your requirements well in advance so we can ensure we have everything you need.
And if there’s anything special you’d like us to supply, just ask and we’ll do our best to help.