Top Tips for Christmas
The world, it seems, is made up of those who are ready for Christmas – presents wrapped, cards written, menus planned, food and drink all ordered – before December even begins, and the rest of us – for whom Christmas preparations don’t even start till December.
It’s all very well waiting for inspiration from the Christmas spirit if you’ve less pressing things to do, but for caterers this is the busiest time of the year and being well prepared is essential.
We can’t guarantee that all will be calm and bright, but good planning may help you avoid some of those ‘melt-down’ moments we all experience from time to time!
- If you haven’t already done so, decide on your festive menus. Not just for the Big Day itself, but for all those days in the run up. Pre-Christmas staff parties, shoppers’ special lunches and coffee stops and family get-togethers. All great opportunities to bring in more customers.
- Pick up your Total Foodservice Focus on Christmas brochure and a pen. Have a leisurely browse, circling all the things you like.
- Review what you did last year. Our telesales team, who have all your purchase history, can tell you what you bought last year, but only you will know what really sold well (& what didn’t)
- What changes could you make? What new things might you introduce? Remember festive and special doesn’t have to be turkey & all the trimmings – as you can see there are lots of fabulous alternatives to prevent your customers getting menu fatigue.
- Do you need to think beyond Christmas and Boxing Day? What about New Year dinners? Will all those shoppers thronging to the sales need something different from mince pies to sustain their retail therapy?
- As well as food and drink, don’t forget the extras – Christmas crackers, napkins, tablecloths and other disposables and cleaning materials. You wouldn’t want to be caught short of loo rolls!
- Once you’ve made your choices and know when you need the stock, give Total Foodservice telesales team a call or chat to your rep about booking your delivery slots in good time. You can even order on line if inspiration comes to you in the middle of the night.
And if there’s anything special you’d like us to supply, just ask and we’ll do our best to help.