As we approach the festive season, many of you will have seen a number of well-publicised articles in the news, highlighting the issues with supply chains.
These same challenges are affecting the wider hospitality sector and those foodservice wholesalers that supply it, as well as food retailers right across the UK. These challenges will continue for the foreseeable future and will continue to affect availability of some key food and drink categories.
Our Christmas Brochure is always produced well in advance of the season. Usually this helps us, and you, prepare and plan. This year however, there have been many changes that were outside of our control. We have amended this digital version of the brochure, removed those products affected, and offered you suitable alternatives.
Whilst there are availability challenges on specific products, we are pleased to say that our availability at a category level is generally good and we continue to source alternative options if needed. Our team have been working incredibly hard to mitigate shortages by leveraging our strong relationships with suppliers and working closely with them.
With that being said, stock availability on specific lines could still change, without notice. So what steps can you take to navigate through stock shortages:
- Be agile with your menu planning
- Use generic rather than specific menu descriptions where possible
- Work with your Account Manager to understand which products are subject to known availability issues and to discuss proposed solutions
- For any significant known changes in demand profile, work with your Account Manager to provide as much advance forecast information and wherever possible place a forward order
- Consider having alternative dishes or ingredients in mind as a ‘Plan B’
Thank you so much for your continued support and co-operation at this time. If you have any queries regarding this note, please contact your Account Manager in the first instance.