Yorkshire Pudding Filling Ideas
1737 was the year that the first ever recipe for the Yorkshire Pudding (known back then as ‘dripping pudding’) was published.
The first recipe from the book titled The Whole Duty of a Woman says: "Make a good batter as for pancakes; put in a hot toss-pan over the fire with a bit of butter to fry the bottom a little then put the pan and butter under a shoulder of mutton, instead of a dripping pan. Frequently shake it by the handle and it will be light and savory, and fit to take up when your mutton is enough; then turn it into a dish and serve it hot."
Yorkshire Puddings are best known for being a staple accompaniment on our Sunday roasts, but these 10 delicious recipe ideas show just how versatile the Yorkshire Pudding can be!
1. Breakfast Yorkshire Puddings with Bacon and Fried Eggs
2. Mushroom and Brie Stuffed Yorkshire Puddings
3. Blackberry and Apple Yorkshire Puddings
4. Yorkshire Pudding Pizza
5. Double Chocolate Yorkshire Pudding
6. Pesto and Goats Cheese (Yorkshire Pudding) Popovers
7. Yorkshire Pudding Profiteroles
8. Chilli Filled Yorkshire Pudding
9. Caramelised Plum Yorkshire Puddings
10. Spain - Spanish chorizo breakfast scramble